How to Prepare for 2023/2024 Post UTME. In order for you to pass Post UTME there are steps you have to follow. The reason why I gave the below point is to tell you that your JAMB score without a good Post UTME score won’t help you to gaining admission into Nigeria universities.
How to Prepare for Post UTME
1. Source for past questions of your chosen institution: This will give you a hint of how their questions are structured. And if you are smart enough, you will know which questions occur frequently. Any question you see that occurs frequently should be treated and mastered.
2. Go through UTME past questions: Majority of the universities or Polytechnics may not have the time to set new questions. And all they do is to pick questions from past UTME questions. It is now required of you to treat all UTME past questions for you to pass post-UTME successfully.
3. Go through recommended textbooks: This is needed for you to understand some questions you might be having difficulty to answer. Once you are able to understand it, it has become part of you.
4. Work on your speed and accuracy: You are going to be graded base on the number of questions you are able to answer and not the other way round. This means you must be fast and accurate. This is a competition and an opportunity to get your chosen course. You have thousands of people competing with you and you need to work your way out so as to be among those that will be offer admission.
5. Have a relatively good O/level result: Sometimes, some institution might decide to have a screening exercise base on your O/level and UTME score. It may be graded 50/50, 60/40, 40/60 respectively for O/level and UTME score. If your O/level result isn’t too good, it will affect your overall grade.
6. Stay relaxed: You should find a place close to the venue that you can sleep over before the day of the exam. You should avoid travelling down to the venue on that very day. Travelling to the venue on that day will increase your tension and affect your performance.
7. Get to the venue on time: Getting to the venue of the exam late is one of the reasons why students don’t pass Post UTME. Be punctual!
8. Be confident and believe in your ability to excel: Many people have written the test and passed very well, so don’t allow fear to steal away your chance of gaining admission.
Study hard by crossing the t’s and dotting the I’s, this is your chance to gain admission into your desired institution and to study your chosen course.