Download JAMB Past Questions and Answers on Physics PDF for 2023/2024 UTME. AMB past questions cover the following JAMB subjects’ English language, Mathematics Physics, Biology, Government and Economics etc. Physics is a compulsory subject in JAMB for all science, medical and engineering students.
JAMB Physics questions are easy to pass if one can pay close attention to some important topics in Physics. There are topics in UTME Physics syllabus that are repeatedly seen in JAMB questions.
In this page I will list those topics that every candidate writing JAMB UTME Physics should pay close attention.
JAMB Questions on Physics 2023 To Be Expected
(1) Example of vector quantity – velocity, acceleration, moment, displacement, force, electric field intensity, magnetic flux
(2) Examples of scalar quantity – work, time, mass, distance, energy, pressure, speed, temperature
(3) The resultant of two forces acting on an object is maximum if the angle between them is – 0o
(4) The terrestrial telescope has one extra lens more than the astronomical telescope. The extra lens is for -erection of the image
(5) What is the angle of dip at the magnetic equator? – 0o
(6) At resonance, the phase angle in an a.c. circuit is – 0o
(7) The process of energy production in the sun is – Nuclear fusion
(8) A transistor functions mainly as a – switch and amplifier
(9) Energy losses through eddy currents are reduced by using – insulated soft iron wires
(10) The effect of a particle in a fluid attaining its terminal velocity is that the – weight is equal to the retarding force
(11) Water is a poor thermometric liquid because it – wet glass
(12) To produce an enlarged and erect image with a concave mirror, the object must be positioned – between the principal focus and the pole
(13) The phenomenon that makes sound persist when its source has been removed is known as – reverberation
(14) The colours seen in soap bubbles are due to – dispersion
(15) The electromagnetic wave that can produce a heating effect on the environment is – infra-red
(16) Pure silicon can be converted to a p-type material by adding a controlled amount of – trivalent atoms
(17) The particle that is responsible for nuclear fission in a nuclear reactor is – neutron
(18) The carbon-granule microphone works on the principle of change in – resistance
(19) The phenomenon whereby the water droplets in the atmosphere combine with dust particles in the air to reduce visibility is – fog
(20) In a semi-conductor junction diode, as the depletion or barrier layer is forward biased, the layer – narrows
(21) As the pressure of a fluid increases, its viscosity – increases
(22) To change a d.c dynamo to a.c dynamo – commutator should be replaced with slip rings
(23) Transverse waves can be distinguished from longitudinal waves using the characteristic of – polarization
(24) The North pole of a magnet can never be separated from the South pole because of a property known as – magnetic dipole
(25) The charge carriers in gases are – electrons and ions
(26) The ray which causes gas molecules to glow is known as – cathode ray
(27) Lenz’s law is a law of the conservation of – Energy
(28) The phenomenon of light bending round an obstacle is – diffraction
(29) The instrument that measures both a.c. and d.c. is – moving iron ammeter
(30) What is the leat possible error in using a rule graduated in centimeters? – 0.5 cm
More Questions to be expected in JAMB Physics
(1) The object moves with uniform speed round a circle. Its acceleration has – constant magnitude and varying direction
(2) The motion of a moving skin of a talking drum can rightly be described as – oscillatory
(3) Isotopes are nuclei which has? – the same atomic number but different mass number
(4) The net charge on the atom is zero becuase – the neutrons form shield around the charged protons
(5) Gases conduct electricity under – low pressure and high voltage
(6) For resonance to occur in a.c circuit containing a resistor, capacitor and inductor – when the frequency source is such that the reactance of the capacitor is equal to the inductive reactance
(7) In a purely inductive circuit, the current – lags behind the voltage in phase by 90 degree
(8) The principle of operation of an induction coil is based on – Faraday’s law
(9) A dynamo primarily converts – mechanical energy into electrical energy
(10) To convert a milliameter to an ammeter – a low resistance in series is required
(11) In order to convert a galvanometer into an ammeter – a low resistance shunt is connected in parallel
(12) If two parallel conductors carry currents flowing in the same direction, the conductors will – attract each other
(13) A calibrated potentiometer is used to measure the emf of a cell because the – potentiometer takes no current from the cell
(14) The resistance of an open series circuit is – infinite
(15) When white light is dispersed by a spectrometer, the component having the shortest wavelength is – violet
To get the full newly up to date JAMB Past Questions and Answers on Physic, The price of this past question is N2,000.
How to Get JAMB Physics Past Questions and Answers
Join our WhatsApp community: https://bit.ly/dpqcommunity
To our community via WhatsApp Right NOW.
100% guaranteed. We will send your Jamb Past Question and Answer on Physics in pdf download to your email immediately.
How to pass JAMB successfully or JAMB Secret
Here are the steps and how to pass JAMB CBT successfully:
(1) Study well before you write UTME
For JAMB CBT exams, Past questions are a must have, firstly, it serves as a means of making the students familiar with the way questions are being set and it properly conditions your mind on what to look out for when you are reading. Secondly, most times, past questions are reset in subsequent years, so it’s sort of a ‘legal expo’ since you have seen the questions prior to the exam.
Another thing is frequent study, once you keep your brain afresh by going through your notes and textbooks as a way of revising; you tend to remember things more
For the Use of English, build your diction and vocabulary as it will help you in the synonyms and antonyms section. How can you build your vocabulary? When you go through the past questions, have a dictionary, a book and a pen beside you. This will enable you check up a complex word, understand it’s context usage, and by writing it down, you won’t forget easily.
Some students do think about how to study for JAMB. The suggestion above has answered the question of how to study for JAMB. Past questions are guidelines that will navigate you through the way JAMB use to set their questions and those areas that do occur the most. I will advise that you pay attention to areas where JAMB like bringing out questions and you will see yourself scoring high. In addition, for students that will be writing Mathematics, pay close attention to differentiation, integration, binomial expansion, sequence, word problem, permutation and combination, probability, circle geometry, etc.
(2) Relax and be calm
Don’t allow the fear of the exam to get hold of you when you get into the testing hall. Fear may make you forget all you have read and eventually throw you off balance. Taking a deep breathe will help you dissipate the negative emotion.
(3) Build a Time Budget
At any given point during an exam, you should know the maximum number of minutes you have to spend on the current question before moving on to the next. This will definitely help you to pass JAMB.
Try to lay down very strict time limits for yourself on each question.” This strategy goes a long way toward avoiding time trouble; it keeps your attention focused and prevents you from spending too much time on any particular question. The key to maintaining this keen awareness is to build a time budget. First, take the time allotted for the exam and subtract ten minutes. Next, divide this amount by the number of questions. The result is how long you have to spend on each prompt. This provides a safety buffer. You want a few extra minutes available here and there to be able to double check your answers when you are finished.
Hint: Building a time budget will enhance your speed and accuracy. Don’t dwell too much on a question, there is no penalty if you guess and move on (No negative marking).
(4) Proceed from Easy to Hard
The most effective way to tackle an exam is to answer the easiest questions first, and this is exactly what you should do. Start with the most approachable questions before moving on to the difficult ones. Don’t worry if this has you skipping around all over the exam—in most cases the provided order is irrelevant.
It is also important to note that there is no particular order when writing JAMB CBT. You can start with any subject you find easy before you proceed to difficult ones.
Hint: For the science students, especially those doing calculation subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, formulas are keys to solving any calculation. Once you see a question involving calculations, first bring out all the parameters given, then try to analyze the topic this question came from, after this you find out how the parameters are related, this is where the use of formulas comes in. By doing this chances of getting the right answer are higher
(5) God factor
This can’t be overemphasized. He is the only person that can dot your I’s and cross your T’s. And also silence other unforeseen factors that are beyond your power. Commit your study each day into His hands and ask Him for the grace to read, understand and retain.